Have you seen the erasers kids are toting around these days? These aren't just your regular pink bar erasers (you know, the ones you can totally decorate because they're huge?!) or the stick-on-top-of-your pencil-until-it-breaks off type of eraser. (Yes, that's the official name--not the pencil top eraser because it never stays there.) No, these erasers have a life of their own. It's like instead of collecting little houses and tables for dolls, or matchbox cars, kids are collecting erasers. You can collect ones that look like food, farm animals, zoo animals, fruits and veggies, and who knows what else! They are pretty cool though but super distracting to everyone involved.
I've had to confiscate my fair share. In fact, I have a regular zoo in the top drawer of my desk. A cow, a chicken, a giraffe, a flamingo, a dog, two cats, a goat, a gerbil (?), and a zebra. Don't worry! I have plenty of things to feed these animals. Three kinds of cheese slices, a strawberry, a piece of pizza, a hamburger, one milkshake, two ice-cream cones, french fries, and bread. I hope something weird doesn't start to grow in there.
I know, I'm that teacher. A meanie pants. In all fairness, there was plenty of warning to pack up the animals and move them to greener pastures. Or backpacks. Whatever.
You may be thinking, "Wait a minute. Wait-a-minute! Michelle LOVES school supplies. Maybe she wants these erasers for herself. . . ." Either that or I couldn't take one more kid asking what to do for the millionth time because he was playing with erasers in his desk. In retrospect, it's pretty smart. Kids need erasers because they make mistakes. The more fun to erase them with, my dear. But, man-oh-man, I'm about to put everyone out to pasture.
I've had to confiscate my fair share. In fact, I have a regular zoo in the top drawer of my desk. A cow, a chicken, a giraffe, a flamingo, a dog, two cats, a goat, a gerbil (?), and a zebra. Don't worry! I have plenty of things to feed these animals. Three kinds of cheese slices, a strawberry, a piece of pizza, a hamburger, one milkshake, two ice-cream cones, french fries, and bread. I hope something weird doesn't start to grow in there.
I know, I'm that teacher. A meanie pants. In all fairness, there was plenty of warning to pack up the animals and move them to greener pastures. Or backpacks. Whatever.
You may be thinking, "Wait a minute. Wait-a-minute! Michelle LOVES school supplies. Maybe she wants these erasers for herself. . . ." Either that or I couldn't take one more kid asking what to do for the millionth time because he was playing with erasers in his desk. In retrospect, it's pretty smart. Kids need erasers because they make mistakes. The more fun to erase them with, my dear. But, man-oh-man, I'm about to put everyone out to pasture.

1 comment:
I hope the cow doesn't eat the hamburger or cheese, is that cannibalism?
Post a Comment