I have one little girl in my class who has horrible allergies. Arm scratching, eye-watering, snotty nose and breaks-out-in-hives allergies. Most days she takes medicine or brings some type of itch relief wipe, cream, etc. with her to school. When she doesn't, the scratching drives both of us crazy. Ha!
Today, she was rubbing her eye because, "It's just so itchy!" I told her to quit itching it or it would just make it worse, and she'd regret it. She quit, and then continued to blink and wink and contort her face as if she was still itching her eye. I asked her what she was doing and showed her back what it looked like. She laughed, and I laughed, and I said something to the fact of, "That's creeping me out! Your face is looking all contorted and weird."
She just laughed and said, "Miss Husbands, you told me not to scratch my eye, but that doesn't mean I can't mentally scratch it."
Haha! Say WHAT? I then laughed for about ten minutes.
Man, I'm going to miss third grade! Somehow, I just don't think second graders will be as funny. Sad day.
Today, she was rubbing her eye because, "It's just so itchy!" I told her to quit itching it or it would just make it worse, and she'd regret it. She quit, and then continued to blink and wink and contort her face as if she was still itching her eye. I asked her what she was doing and showed her back what it looked like. She laughed, and I laughed, and I said something to the fact of, "That's creeping me out! Your face is looking all contorted and weird."
She just laughed and said, "Miss Husbands, you told me not to scratch my eye, but that doesn't mean I can't mentally scratch it."
Haha! Say WHAT? I then laughed for about ten minutes.
Man, I'm going to miss third grade! Somehow, I just don't think second graders will be as funny. Sad day.

No comments:
Post a Comment