Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Love Writing

I love teaching writing. It just brings out such honesty in students. We did poems called My Name Is, and it's a poem about opposites. Things they like, things they don't like. It also includes the five senses: touch, taste, smell, see, hear. While reading through them, I compiled a list of the best and put them into a poem for you to read. These are just the most outrageous ones. It's always good for a laugh.



My Name Is . . .
My name is (Insert student’s name).
The name I should be called is The Rock because I ROCK!
The name I should be called is Hoot because I’m funny.
I don’t like to see blood. It gives me chills.
I don’t like to see my mom do a back flip.
I don’t like to see my dad completely naked.
The smell I don’t love is stinky diapers fresh from the butt.
The smell I don’t love is my sister’s sweaty armpits.
The smell I don’t love is my dog’s fart in a car.
The smell that I love is a clean dog that smells like pie.
I don’t like to see Barney. He scares me!
My favorite memory is hitting my brother and sister with my cast.
I don’t like to touch my dad’s mustache on Mustache March.
The sound I like is dogs barking when the fire truck goes by.
The sound I dislike is really, really, REALLY dumb music.
The taste I love is hot sauce on my french fries.
The taste I don’t love is baby food. It’s sick!
The touch I don’t love is pulling my toothbrush out of the toilet.
My favorite thing is my teacher, Miss Husbands.

2 comments:

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

I love this new blog of yours, I also love the things kids say!

Tyler and Kimberly said...

This blog is so much fun! I had no idea you even had it. It's so cute and entertaining. I laughed a lot while reading them. So fun!