This was part of a conversation that took place after school today while a kiddo was waiting for someone to pick him up.
Kid: How long do I have to go to school? Can my parents get arrested if I don't go to school?
Adult: Yes, they can get arrested. It's the law that kids have to come to school. You usually go to school until you are 18.
Kid: What?! 18? I didn't know that there was any school past 6th grade. (In all fairness, he is a 1st grader).
Adult: Yep. You have school up until 12th grade. So after 6, there is 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.
Kid stares in complete shock. The look on his face was priceless.
Adult: After high school, you can go to college if you want to.
Kid is still trying to absorb the fact that school goes past 6th grade.
Kid: Well, are dirty jobs real jobs?
Adult: Like that show Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe?
Kid: Yeah. Can people get paid to do those jobs?
Adult: Yep. They're called dirty jobs because people get dirty doing them.
Kid: I want one of those. I love getting dirty.
This kid was seriously so funny. I'd keep him around just for comic relief.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment