I have OLSS---Oh, look! Something shiny! It's similar to ADD, but I'm super productive and just love a lot of things, which can distract me.
I have a student who is the same way. Or something. Today she was reading for me. It was a timed reading, mind you. She read something like this:
"We went camping and our friend came along. Her name was Susie. Hey! My sister has a friend named Susie, and she likes camping, too! She comes over to play. Susie likes the same things as I do, so I wanted her to go camping with us. We both like to go swimming and play on the beach. My sister and her friend like those things, too! That's so weird!"
At least she's connecting to what she's reading, right?
Don't worry, I was ready for this. After it happening once, I just keep my hand on the timer to pause it until we get back on track. So funny.
I have a student who is the same way. Or something. Today she was reading for me. It was a timed reading, mind you. She read something like this:
"We went camping and our friend came along. Her name was Susie. Hey! My sister has a friend named Susie, and she likes camping, too! She comes over to play. Susie likes the same things as I do, so I wanted her to go camping with us. We both like to go swimming and play on the beach. My sister and her friend like those things, too! That's so weird!"
At least she's connecting to what she's reading, right?
Don't worry, I was ready for this. After it happening once, I just keep my hand on the timer to pause it until we get back on track. So funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment